Why You Should Hire a Local Locksmith Near Me
There are several reasons why you are better off hiring a local locksmith when searching for a “locksmith near me”. These include faster response times, local reviews, local knowledge and more. We have listed 6 of the most important below.
Local Customers for Local Locksmith
1. A local locksmith has more to lose when dealing with local customers. They usually live and work in the local area and therefore rely on word of mouth and referral customers. Living in a small community like the Eastern Suburbs beaches areas a Maroubra locksmith will be known in the community.
Reviews from Local Locksmith Customers
2. Reviews from customers who live locally are more likely to be trusted and believed by other locals. In small communities such as Maroubra and Coogee, many people will recognise the names of some reviewers on Facebook and Google. If not, it is easy to follow their name and link to see that they are a local resident.
Local Locksmiths Get There Faster
3. A local locksmith can get to you faster. Let’s face it, when you’re locked out of your home, office or car, you want to gain access quickly. There is nothing worse than waiting on the doorstep or in the parking lot waiting hours for a locksmith to arrive. When checking on Google, the big franchises can afford to display ads in most suburbs. However, this doesn’t mean they are located close by. Make sure to ask how long it will take them to arrive at your door and if travelling time is included in their charges.
Local Knowledge to Give You the Most Suitable Locks and Keys
4. If you search for and find a “locksmith near me” they are more likely to know the best locks and security system for your area. If you live in a coastal location, then rust may be an issue. A good local locksmith will understand how the weather conditions might affect your locking systems.
Local Owned and Operated Locksmiths Don’t Pay Huge Franchise Fees
5. A local locksmith that doesn’t have huge franchise fees can often pass these cost savings on to their customers. When hiring a “locksmith near me” make sure to check their fees and get a quote before they arrive. Also, check if there are any hidden fees. One way to tell if a locksmith is the real deal, apart from their license, is if they accept a range of payment options. Check if they accept EFTPos, Mastercard and Visa at the very least.
Fully Licensed & Insured Local Master Locksmith
6. Remember, you get what you pay for. There is no such thing as a Master Locksmith for $15 - $35. A fully licensed and insured local business will have normal business expenses and therefore will need to charge accordingly. The fact is though, an owner run and operated local business is more likely to be a more cost-effective choice. You can check the Master Locksmith Association website for a locksmith’s license to be sure they are fully qualified to take care of your locks and security.